The Chosen is the story of Jesus being presented as a multi-season TV show. What’s different from what has been done before, is that it digs deeper into the back stories and context of the people and events of the gospels which gives a different dimension to the Bible.
The way The Chosen came about is extraordinary and what they’ve created is quite amazing too. Not what we’ve mostly experienced with other Jesus-based films/shows:
- The whole thing is produced to the quality we would expect of a Netflix drama (e.g., The Crown, House of Cards…) and because of the fact it is a multi-season show, it digs deeper into the back stories and context of the people and events of the gospels which gives a different dimension to the Bible. It makes the show authentic and so easy to identify with the daily struggles of the characters. This is what makes it so powerful.
- It’s 100% FREE to watch as it is 100% funded by donations of people who have decided to ‘pay it forward’ [they’re currently filming season 3 and season 4 is part funded]
- They’ve created content based on the series: bible studies, devotions… – all proceeds to fund more episodes
- They’ve got a link with the Salvation Army – they’re building a permanent 1st century AD film set of Capernaum on the Army’s Camp Hoblitzelle
- Its impact is phenomenal:
- Over 403m people have already watched The Chosen, it has even made it on national TV in secular France (The Chosen set to blitz French television screens – Eternity News) !
- Testimonies of viewers say how they have been drawn back to their Bible. It has helped bringing them back to Jesus and put some mojo back into their faith.
- New doors are being open with people who are just bored of what’s on the telly or cancelled Netflix ; The Chosen’s own new satirical campaign (thechosensux.com) is engaging a younger / non-believer audience.
Check it out for yourself. The Chosen (angelstudios.com). There are so many options to watch it [with internet access].